Saturday, February 11, 2012

Restaurant Review: The Magic Time Machine Restaurant

The Magic Time Machine Restaurant  (http://www.magictimemachine.com/)

Sounds like a trippin' kind of place doesn't it?  Well, that's where I picked to go last night for my birthday.  It was interesting to say the least. 

The Magic Time Machine Restaurant has an eclectic decor which includes a salad CAR and pretty much anything else they found in someone's attic, or at Goodwill, or laying on the side of the road.



The servers are all dressed up in different costumes.  While we were there, we saw Zorro, Thor, The Joker, Poison Ivy, Daphne, Velma, Captain Jack Sparrow, Ariel, Tinkerbell, and some others that we couldn't quite identify.  Our server was Pinnochio but on other nights he might be Maverick (from Top Gun) or The Riddler from Batman. 



I asked if he got to pick what character he wanted to be and he said yes and that it worked out great because he already had the Pinnochio and Riddler ones. Now many of you know that I have quite a few dress up items that I have collected over the years, but I have yet to add either of his outfits to my collection. I just found it a little strange that he just happen to have them hanging in his closet. 

When I got my birthday cookie, I was serenaded by Pinnochio, the Joker, and Thor.  Definitely a once in a lifetime experience.

 Aubrey is looking at them like they're crazy!

Over all it was fun, but pretty weird at the same time.  Many of the girls costumes were too low cut and too short.  It was like seeing Cinderella working the street corner.  The Joker was walking around telling cheesy jokes like:  "What made the tomato blush?  It saw the salad dressing." Ha.Ha.Ha. Actually, I did laugh out loud at that one, but many of his other jokes were a little inappropriate in our opinion.

This is a place that I'm glad we checked out, but I don't think we'll be going back right away.  The food wasn't terrible, but it wasn't anything special.  It was also a little pricey because you're paying for the atmosphere. 


P.S. - If you do decide to visit this restaurant, do NOT ask where the bathroom is!!  Your server will take you by the hand and lead you to the bathroom all while announcing to the entire restaurant that you have to go potty.  "There's something a matter with his bladder!"

No comments:

Post a Comment