It seems like no matter where I am, if I'm in a Walmart, it feels like I'm home. Target gives me a similar feeling, but Walmart has always been a part of my life. When Micah and I were looking at houses I would always say,"Well, yes the granite countertops are beautiful and yes, the solid gold floors look nice, BUT how close is it to a Walmart?" Luckily, both of
those stores are within 5 minutes from our new house. Once I'm inside a Walmart I tend to forget exactly what city and state I'm in. When the new 24 hour super center opened in Benton when I was in high school, my best friend and I had planned on spending the whole night. Walmart employees did not quite agree with this plan. In fact, from some of my behavior inside Walmart when I was younger I'm surprised that I haven't been banned for life from them. They don't like it when you play football or ride their bikes around the store. They also don't like you to set up chairs and eat popcorn while watching a movie in the electronics section.
I know that many of my friends share my affection for Walmart. It's a place that you always seem to end up whether it's a girls night out or a date night with your husband. I know. That sounds pretty pathetic. Maybe it comes from growing up in small Arkansas towns where there's not much else to do. Or maybe it stems from growing up church of Christ where there's not much else you can do. Either way. Walmart will always have a place in my heart.
Yesterday Rowan and I stopped by Walmart on our way home and ran into Mark there. Funny how I you can run into your own husband and have no idea they are there:)
ReplyDeleteThey should have a new slogan: Walmart - Bringing families together (and making them spend money that they had not planned to spend)
Delete